White root vegetables are cooked with creamy almond milk until soft and then puréed until smooth. Miso is added in just before puréeing to give it a comforting umami flavor and a sprinkle of chopped almonds and fresh herbs adds presentation, taste, and texture. This smooth and creamy soup is just what you need on those rainy spring days.
White Miso Vegetable Soup [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 parsnip
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1/2 celery root/celeriac
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- A handful of sprouted almonds
- A few springs of thyme
- A pinch of black pepper
- In a pot heat, your chosen oil and let the shallot sauté until golden.
- In the meantime wash and dice your vegetables. Remember to peel the celery root. Add salt and let fry everything for few minutes.
- Pour in the almond milk and water and let simmer, until the vegetables are tender. Let it cool a bit.
- Blend the soup until smooth, add the miso, and stir to combine.
- Pour the soup into 2 bowls, top with some chopped sprouted almonds, some thyme leaves, and a sprinkle of pepper.