This tonic is warming, healing, and perfect if you need a little boost when you're coming down with a cold! Drink this in the morning for a little extra pep in your step.
Warming Winter Tonic [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Warming Winter Tonic [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1-inch piece turmeric root
- 2-inch piece ginger root
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 star anise
- 1-2 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar (per cup)
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup (per cup)
- Sliced lemon
How to Prepare Warming Winter Tonic [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Bring 5 cups water to a boil in a medium pot.
- Add turmeric through star anise then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes, then strain and divide between two large mugs with apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and a slice of lemon.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.