This nourishing lentil salad is combines the flavors and textures of hazelnuts, beets, tart pomegranate, and fresh mint in a meal that won't leave you wanting. The ginger and apple cider vinegar dressing compliments the earthy and savory flavors. Make a big batch of this one night to save yourself some time on lunch prep!
Warm Lentils With Beets and Hazelnuts [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 cup organic Puy lentils
- 2 cups grated beets, cooked or raw
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups mint, finely chopped
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 knob ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Add your lentils to a saucepan and cover with water, bring to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer for approximately 20 minutes until tender. Take off the heat and pour them into a bowl.
- Add in the beetroot, hazelnuts, pomegranate, and mint.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to combine, then pour over the lentils. Stir everything well to combine.