This vinegar slaw is so tangy, refreshing and incredible.
Vinegar Slaw [Vegan]
- 1 cup of thinly shredded white cabbage
- 1 cup of thinly shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced Sweet Vandalia onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 red jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sake wine (found at the local grocery right next to the vinegars)
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon white sugar
- a pinch of salt.
- 1/4 cup of roughly chopped cilantro
- Add the cabbage, onion, carrots, cilantro and jalapenos to a bowl, sprinkle a pinch of salt, Toss.
- Whisk together in a small bowl the vinegar, sake wine, celery seeds and sugar. Be sure that sugar is melted.
- Pour over the slaw, toss and chill for 30 minutes before using.
- Use this crunchy slaw on your favorite sandwiches or with any meat!