This delicious dish comes together to create a variety of flavors and textures from the crunchy veggies to the crispy tofu!
Vermicelli Noodles and Tofu Bowl [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Vermicelli Noodles and Tofu Bowl [Vegan]
For the Tofu:
- 1 block extra-firm tofu drained and pressed, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
For the Noodle Bowl:
- 8 oz dried vermicelli noodles
- 1 medium cucumber sliced or julienned
- 2 medium carrots made into ribbons or julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh mint coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts for topping
- chopped romaine lettuce for serving
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
How To Make Vermicelli Noodles and Tofu Bowl [Vegan]
- Prepare the tofu by heating the sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, then add your cubed tofu. Let the tofu get crispy on each side. Once all sides are crispy, add your soy sauce and let it reduce and crisp even more for another 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook the vermicelli noodles according to the package, transfer them to a medium mixing bowl ,and set them aside.
- Make the peanut sauce by combining hoisin sauce, peanut butter, water, lime juice, and maple syrup. Blend or whisk well until smooth, adding more water if needed.
- Assemble the noodle bowls by adding vermicelli noodles into each serving bowl. Top with tofu, cucumber, carrots, mint, chopped peanuts, and peanut sauce.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile