Let’s be real, snacking on goldfish crackers is so comforting and satisfying. They’re salty, cheesy, crunchy, and cute. Unfortunately, they aren’t vegan and they aren’t healthy either. The good news is we have a vegan goldfish recipe that a reader suggested from Chef Chloe! The best part? There are only 8 ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. This vegan goldfish recipe is perfect for people of all ages. They’re so nostalgic and delicious––you’ll love them!
Goldfish Crackers [Vegan]
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, plus extra for dusting work surface
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons vegan butter
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor, combine everything but the butter and water. Mix until combined. Add butter and pulse until crumbly. Add water and pulse until dough just comes together.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to about 1/8 inch thickness. Now its time to cut your fishies! For this part, you can purchase a goldfish cutter (pretty cheap online) or you can get creative and be cheap and make your own! Just carefully cut an aluminum can lengthwise into several 1 inch strips, a fold into a fish (or any other!) shape. Secure with a staple or clear tape, like I used, and cut away! I even had my roommate add little eyes and mouths using the end of a toothpick while I cut out crackers.
- Once your school is all cut out, bake on a cookie sheet for about 15 minutes or until golden and very lightly browned. Store in an airtight container...if they last that long!
- Cheesy Recipes