Let’s be real, snacking on goldfish crackers is so comforting and satisfying. They’re salty, cheesy, crunchy, and cute. Unfortunately, they aren’t vegan and they aren’t healthy either. The good news is we have a vegan goldfish recipe that a reader suggested from Chef Chloe! The best part? There are only 8 ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. This vegan goldfish recipe is perfect for people of all ages. They’re so nostalgic and delicious––you’ll love them!
Goldfish Crackers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Goldfish Crackers [Vegan]
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, plus extra for dusting work surface
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons vegan butter
- 4 tablespoons cold water
How to Prepare Goldfish Crackers [Vegan]
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor, combine everything but the butter and water. Mix until combined. Add butter and pulse until crumbly. Add water and pulse until dough just comes together.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to about 1/8 inch thickness. Now it's time to cut your fishies! For this part, you can purchase a goldfish cutter (pretty cheap online) or you can get creative and be cheap and make your own! Just carefully cut an aluminum can lengthwise into several 1-inch strips, a fold into a fish (or any other!) shape. Secure with a staple or clear tape, like I used, and cut away! I even had my roommate add little eyes and mouths using the end of a toothpick while I cut out crackers.
- Once your school is all cut out, bake on a cookie sheet for about 15 minutes or until golden and very lightly browned. Store in an airtight container...if they last that long!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Cheesy Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 980 | Total Carbs: 88 g | Total Fat: 57 g | Total Protein: 20 g | Total Sodium: 2690 g | Total Sugar: 0 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.