These vegan chicken tenders are fried gloriousness! They are simple to make and the perfect snack for kids, adults, really anyone!
Vegan Fried Chicken Tenders [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Vegan Fried Chicken Tenders [Vegan]
- 3 1/2 cups vital wheat gluten
- 4/5 cup any kind of flour
- 3 cup water
- 4 servings of vegetable bouillon base
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup flour
- spices of choice
- 4-8 tablespoon of vegan egg powder turned into “egg” with cold water + oil for deep frying (as needed)
How to Prepare Vegan Fried Chicken Tenders [Vegan]
- Dissolve bouillon into 2 cups of water then add 4 TB oil. Mix your liquid/oil mixture into the gluten flour. Feel free to add any spices you’d like. Make sure there are no extra bits of flour.
- Line steamer basket with foil and place the seitan on top. Steam till dough firms up. 45 minutes to an hour. Keep an eye on your water levels. Steaming for an hour requires a lot of water.
- Once seitan is cooked allow it to fully cool down
- Make your vegan egg.
- Mix flour and spices/salt for a flavorful coating. You can taste the flour to see if it’s spiced and salted enough. The less bland the better.
- Once seitan is cooled, cut into tenders
- Dip seitan into flour then into vegan egg. Let egg drip off then coat with flour again.
- Fry until golden brown.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.