The trick to this pudding is to stir it frequently. It’s like a risotto. You need to stir it so that the starch comes out of the rice, which gives the dish its creaminess. You don’t have to constantly stir it for 45 minutes, but every few minutes give it a whirl. Have it for dessert or even breakfast. You’ll love it!
Vanilla Rooiboos Rice Pudding [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup short grain rice
- 2 cups recently brewed vanilla rooibos tea
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 tablespoons agave, or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a pot, stir together the rice, rooibos tea, almond milk, agave and vanilla extract.
- Heat over medium-low heat and bring to a boil.
- Turn it down to a simmer and stir frequently for 45 minutes or until the pudding is thick and creamy.