Sometimes you want to forego the fancy desserts in favor of something everybody can agree on. That is these vanilla cupcakes that come with a rich vanilla frosting. These little cupcakes are picture-perfect for any event — they're almost too cute to eat! Okay, not really. There's no guarantee that these will last long enough for pictures.
Vanilla Birthday Cake Cupcakes With a Cream Cheez Frosting [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot (tapioca) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a cupcake tray with liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar before adding the oil and vanilla.
- Sift the flour, arrowroot, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl of your electric mixer.
- Mixing on a medium speed, slowly add the almond milk mixture until the batter is smooth (it’ll be pretty runny).
- Finally, add the sprinkles and mix until well distributed.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, fill the cupcake liners with the batter.
- Lightly tap the tray on the bench a few times to even out the batter and release any air bubbles.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden on top before removing from the oven and allowing to cool.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting by beating together the butter and vegan cream cheese in an electric mixer.
- Sift in the powdered sugar and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes before generously sprinkling with sprinkles.