This light, simple breakfast is a great way to start out your day because it's easy to make and packed full of nutrients. The rice is tossed with pickled vegetables, tofu, seaweed, and avocado and then drizzled with a spicy "cheese" sauce that gives this breakfast a little kick.
Umami Rice Breakfast Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped tofu
- 1/4 cup dried arame seaweed
- 2 tablespoons spicy vegan cheese sauce
- 1 tablespoon cultured or pickled vegetables [optional]
- A few slices of ripe avocado
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, add the dried seaweed in super hot water to soften/re-hydrate it before you eat it.
- In a soup or salad bowl, add the rest of the ingredients. Top this with the vegan cheese sauce.
- Drain the seaweed and add that as well.