This is a healthier twist on the non-vegan Twix. This recipe is super easy to make, and can be made gluten-free too. You are going to love these––they taste amazing!
‘Twix’ Bars [Vegan]
For the Biscuit Base:
- 3 ounces plain flour
- 2.8 ounces cashew nuts
- 1.75 ounces sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- 2 tablespoons water
For the Caramel Layer:
- 6.35 ounces pitted medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream (solidified part from chilled canned coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 4.23 ounces vegan chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 356°F (fan-oven) and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- In a food-processor, blend together the flour, cashews and sugar, and pulse until a powder forms.
- Then add in the coconut oil, water and nut-butter, and process again for a further 1-2 minutes until a loose dough forms
- Spread the ‘dough’ out evenly in the baking tray until it makes a square/rectangle (depending on shape of your tray) that is about 1cm in thickness.
- Place this in the oven and bake for around 15 minutes (or until it starts to brown).
- Whilst the base bakes, place all the caramel ingredients in a blender and blend until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Once the biscuit base has baked, then cooled for at least 15 minutes, spread the caramel evenly over the biscuit with a spoon.
- Melt your chocolate then pour this over the caramel, and again, spread it evenly with a spoon.
- Then, place the whole bar in the freezer for (at least) 15 minutes for the chocolate to solidify.
- Then, cut into smaller bars and enjoy!