A new, holiday favorite: turmeric and chili-rubbed cauliflower with red onion, garlic, pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, and a bright maple-pomegranate vinaigrette. Turmeric brings a wonderful earthiness and the most gorgeous golden color to the cauliflower florets. And juicy, ruby-red pomegranate jewels, crisp toasted pine nuts, and a zesty dressing take it to the next level; how could anyone resist such a royal dish?
Turmeric-Roasted Cauliflower With Maple-Pomegranate Vinaigrette [Vegan, Grain-free]
- 1 small head of cauliflower, base/core/leaves removed and cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a large bowl combine cauliflower, onion, garlic, olive oil, turmeric, chile flakes, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Toss to evenly coat the veggies and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Roast until cauliflower is tender and lightly caramelized around the edges, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine pomegranate molasses, maple syrup, lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Whisk until combined, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange cauliflower mixture on a platter or serving bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and garnish with pine nuts, pom seeds and chives just before serving.
Heirloom orange or purple varieties of cauliflower (or a combination), would be really beautiful here as well.