A new holiday favorite: turmeric and chili-rubbed cauliflower with red onion, garlic, pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, and a bright maple-pomegranate vinaigrette. Turmeric brings a wonderful earthiness and a gorgeous golden color to the cauliflower florets. And juicy, ruby-red pomegranate jewels, crisp toasted pine nuts, and a zesty dressing take it to the next level; how could anyone resist such a royal dish?
Turmeric-Roasted Cauliflower With Maple-Pomegranate Vinaigrette [Vegan, Grain-free]
Ingredients You Need for Turmeric-Roasted Cauliflower With Maple-Pomegranate Vinaigrette [Vegan, Grain-free]
- 1 small head of cauliflower, base/core/leaves removed and cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
How to Prepare Turmeric-Roasted Cauliflower With Maple-Pomegranate Vinaigrette [Vegan, Grain-free]
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, onion, garlic, olive oil, turmeric, chile flakes, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Toss to evenly coat the veggies and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Roast until cauliflower is tender and lightly caramelized around the edges, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine pomegranate molasses, maple syrup, lemon juice, and olive oil in a small bowl. Whisk until combined, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange cauliflower mixture on a platter or serving bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and garnish with pine nuts, pom seeds, and chives just before serving.
Heirloom orange or purple varieties of cauliflower (or a combination) would be really beautiful here as well.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 163 | Carbs: 15 g | Fat: 11 g | Protein: 4 g | Sodium: 43 mg | Sugar: 9 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.