This cauliflower turmeric sushi is a perfect way to eat healthy, with minimal carbs, and still enjoy the fabulous flavors of sushi. Cauliflower and turmeric provide the base for these rolls and they are tied together with some creamy avocado and a tangy sauce.
Turmeric Cauliflower Rice Sushi [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Sushi:
- 2 cups raw cauliflower
- 1/2 cup flesh from young Thai coconut
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 sheets of nori
- 1/2 avocado cut into strips
- 1/4 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 medium cucumber cut into strips
- 1 cup salad greens washed
For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- Generous splash of sesame oil
- 1/2 small red chili chopped finely
- Blend the cauliflower, flesh of the young Thai coconut, ginger, and turmeric in a food processor until they are well mixed, like a pulp.
- Place one nori sheet, with the shiny side down, on a sushi roller mat.
- Add a third of the mixture to the nori sheet. There should be enough for three nori rolls.
- Cover most of it, leaving about one inch at one end so you can roll it up properly without stuff falling out.
- Then place the avocado, red bell pepper, cucumber, and salad greens in the middle.
- Roll it up. This can take a bit of practice.
- To make the dipping, sauce add everything into a small ramekin and serve it with the sushi.
- Slice the sushi and serve it.