These "tuna" stuffed peppers are vegan, raw, and delicious. The stuffing for the peppers is made from a combination of parsnips, walnuts, sesame seeds, and sun-dried tomatoes that are blended until they have a texture like tuna. They taste like it too thanks to the umami notes from the sesame seeds and sun-dried tomatoes. These make the perfect light lunch to take along to school or work.
‘Tuna’ Stuffed Peppers [Vegan]
- 3 small red bell peppers
- 6 large parsnips
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup white sesame seeds
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Large handful of cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes overnight and drain.
- Prepare the red peppers by removing the tops.
- Dehydrate the peppers for 3 hours.
- While the peppers are dehydrating, make the stuffing.
- Peel and chop the parsnips and place in the food processor.
- Throw all remaining ingredients in the food processor and process until the mixture is smooth, but still chunky.
- Add extra olive oil as needed.
- Once your peppers are ready, place the filling in the peppers ad serve.
This recipe makes extra; use the mock tuna to spread on your crackers, use a salad topping, add it to sandwiches, or even wraps.