This white pizza is covered with a creamy, cheesy sauce made from vegan yogurt and vegan ricotta and topped with fresh basil and halved cherry tomatoes. Yum! It's great for pizza night, weekend lunches, and dinner parties. In the rare event that there are leftovers, don't pass up the opportunity to try this pizza cold. It might just make your day.
Tomato Basil White Pizza [Vegan]
For the Pizza:
- 2 (8-inch to 9-inch) prepared pizza crusts or homemade pizza crust
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella shreds or homemade vegan mozzarella
For the Sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup vegan plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegan ricotta
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Vegan parmesan (optional)
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500°F (or as high as it can safely go) and line a baking sheet with parchment; set aside.
- Combine the extra virgin olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, until the garlic softens, about 2 minutes.
- Let cool, then separate the garlic from the oil by carefully spooning it out into a small bowl.
- Lightly brush the cooled olive oil onto the pizza crusts, then transfer them to the prepared baking sheet.
- Add the vegan yogurt, vegan ricotta, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt to the bowl of cooked garlic and mix until smooth. Spread the mixture on the oiled crusts, leaving about 1-inch of dough on all sides.
- As evenly as possible, sprinkle pizzas with the dried thyme, chopped basil, and halved tomatoes. Finally, sprinkle each pizza with an even amount of vegan mozzarella.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness/style of your pizza crusts. The edges should be golden brown, and the cheese should be bubbly and melty.
- Remove from heat, add toppings, slice into 6 or 8 pieces, and serve immediately.
- Store leftover pizza in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days.