This vegan three-ingredient chocolate cereal is crunchy, naturally sweet, and will totally take you back to childhood. The opposite of typical, sugary cereals, this is made with just three ingredients and is completely gluten-free and healthy! Another perk of the cereal is its amazing versatility. Of course it can be eaten on it’s own with some almond milk, but it’s also great as a mix in for granola and it would make a delicious topping for a frozen sweet treat.
3-Ingredient Chocolate Cereal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups gluten-free whole grain rolled oats, ground into flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup date paste (blend 16 Medjool dates with 1 cup hot water, then measure out 1 cup paste)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, cocoa powder, and date paste and stir until it forms a thick dough.
- Pinch off about a teaspoon of the dough and roll into a small sphere, then place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat until all the dough is on the sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the cereal to sit out on the counter for at least 2 hours. This is where it gets nice and crunchy.
- Store in a container at room temperature.