This seared tofu in kiwi, ginger, and chili marinade and topped with mango kiwi salsa will bring color and joy back into your weeknight dinners. The charred smokiness of the tofu steaks are balanced perfectly with the vibrant flavor of the fruit. Pair with greens or rice, these tofu steaks are a delicious protein-packed dinner option.
Thai Seared Tofu With Kiwi [Vegan]
For the Thai Seared Tofu:
- 1 golden kiwi
- 1 green kiwi
- 1-inch knob of ginger
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1-inch piece of Thai chili, minced finely
- 1 sprig Thai basil
- 1 13.5-ounce block firm tofu, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
For the Mango Kiwi Salsa:
- 1 mango, cubed
- 2 golden kiwis, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 of 1 red onion, minced
- 1 spring of Thai basil, chopped finely
- 1 lime wedge
- Add all marinade ingredients to blender, and blend until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Spread tofu steaks in a shallow wide dish, and cover wth sauce. Let marinade for at least 30 minutes, though the longer the better.
- Meanwhile, combine all salsa ingredients in a separate bowl, and squeeze out the lime wedge. Let macerate.
- When ready to cook, remove tofu from marinade, and set marinade aside in a little jar. Season tofu with salt.
- Preheat a grill pan to high heat, and season with a bit of oil. Add tofu, and grill on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, until clear grill marks appear. Turn over and repeat on other side.
- Immediately serve tofu drizzled generously with marinade and topped with salsa. Decorate with additional chopped basil.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile