We keep making this Thai Peanut Sauce because it has tons of flavor and leaves veggie haters going back for seconds. We recommend steamed broccoli and mushrooms over a layer of cooked brown rice, topped with a generous scoop of sauce. For more flavor and texture, garnish with green onions, peanuts and red pepper flakes.
Thai Peanut Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 cup peanut butter (no salt, sugar or oil added)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves or 5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger root or 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoons hot sauce
- red pepper flakes (optional) to taste
Place all ingredients, except red pepper flakes, in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
Pour into a small saucepan on the stove over medium-low heat. Stir continuously until heated, about 3-4 minutes.
Serve warm over a whole grain and cooked veggies, topped with red pepper flakes (if desired).