Ultimate comfort food for the cold weather! The combination of flavorful Thai spices and healthy sprouted red rice along with mixed vegetables will make you want to eat the whole pot by yourself. A complete weeknight meal is ready in about 30 minutes and is so satisfying.
Thai Curry Red Rice Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, dry roasted
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened dry coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 4 Thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup red onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup baby corn, chopped
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup sprouted red rice, rinsed
- 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup water
- Lemon juice according to taste
- In a glass bowl combine all the ingredients for the curry powder and keep it aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan/wok and add oil, garlic, sesame seeds, Thai basil leaves.
- Immediately add onions and sauté well for a minute.
- Add broccoli, baby corn and carrots and mix again.
- Now add curry powder and mix well so that the vegetables are well coated.
- Now add red rice and coconut milk into the pan. Cover with a lid and cook on a low flame for approximately 10 minutes or until the milk is all absorbed. (Don’t let it burn.)
- Now add vegetable broth and water and cook covered on a low flame for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender, soft and chewy.
- Just before serving add few drops of lemon juice and enjoy.