This teriyaki sauce brings out the natural sweetness of the potatoes and slightly caramelizes them. Serve with veggie burgers, hummus, vegetables, falafel, soup or stew - you name it! These wonderful potatoes will go well alongside anything.
Teriyaki Sticky Sweet Potatoes [Vegan]
For the teriyaki sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic puree
- pinch of chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
For the potatoes:
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cajun spice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce the sweet potato all over with a fork all and microwave (on high) for 2 minutes to soften very slightly.
- Slice the sweet potato into roughly 1/2-inch rounds and place into a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle the cajun spice over the sweet potatoes. Place them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce in a bowl. Once the sweet potatoes have been in the oven for 15 minutes (and look more or less ready), drizzle the teriyaki sauce over them.
- Leave the sweet potatoes in the oven for a further 10 minutes, allowing the sauce to caramelize and become sticky.
- Serve the sweet potatoes with any veggie goodness- Enjoy!!
- Sweet Potato