These tacos would be nothing without that pineapple salsa. Just a simple combination of fresh pineapple, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, sea salt, and if you prefer your salsa with some kick to it, go ahead and chop a few jalapeños up and toss them in. Go ahead and play with the recipe, add spice, subtract spice, do whatever! Isn’t that the best part about cooking at home anyway?
Teriyaki Cauliflower Tacos With Pineapple Salsa [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cauliflower:
- 5 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
For the Pineapple Salsa:
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- pinch sea salt
For the Additional Ingredients:
- Corn tortillas, gluten-free if needed
- Fresh cilantro
To Make the Cauliflower:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil and cornstarch. Bake for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
To Make the Sauce:
- While the cauliflower is roasting, add the water, coconut sugar, tamari, garlic, and ginger to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water.
- Stir into the saucepan and allow to simmer until it thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
To Make the Salsa:
- Toss all ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once cauliflower is roasted and cooled, toss with teriyaki sauce until well coated. To serve, distribute cauliflower amongst corn tortillas and top with salsa.