This tasty teriyaki cauliflower is packed with plant-based goodness, but none of the added sugar. This recipe gets a punch of natural sweetness from pure pineapple juice, a spicy kick from red hot chili pepper, and extra zing from a generous amount of fresh ginger. The only thing missing is some protein — so try pairing it with your favorite grain!
Teriyaki Cauliflower and Kale Stir Fry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2/3 cup 100 percent pure pineapple juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons naturally-brewed reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 tablespoon unrefined sesame oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red hot chili pepper, extra-thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 1/4 pounds large bite-size cauliflower florets
- 1 5-ounce package fresh baby kale
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a large liquid measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the pineapple juice, tamari, sesame oil, garlic, chili pepper, and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat the avocado oil in a wok or large cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add the cauliflower and cook while stirring occasionally until well browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the pineapple juice mixture and cook while stirring occasionally until the sauce reduces (naturally thickens) and coats the cauliflower, about 8 minutes.
- Add the kale, remove from heat, and toss until kale just wilts, about 30 seconds. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per serving (without rice): 210 calories : 11g total fat | 900mg sodium | 20g total carbohydrate | 10g sugars | 8g protein Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Five hearts & stars!! Loved it!! Sauce so tasty with unique flavors. I could not find pineapple juice so I used coconut pineapple juice very good – tropic style!