This tarragon green pea bisque is delicious and pocket friendly. All you need is a few bags of frozen peas and some fresh-plucked herbs. It doesn’t get easier than that! Top it with pan-fried radishes for a little texture variation or leave it plain for a bit of a lighter fare.
Tarragon Green Pea Bisque With Pan-Fried Shunkyo Radishes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Bisque:
- 2.5 pounds frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened unflavored almond milk
- 1 heaping teaspoon crushed or grated garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed, finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
For the Radishes:
- 4 ounces of radishes
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fine cornmeal
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
To Make the Tarragon Green Pea Bisque:
- Combine all ingredients, minus salt and pepper, in a food processor till en even consistency is reached.
- Press bisque through a fine mesh sieve to make smooth and remove any lumps.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat on stovetop till warmed through.
To Make the Radishes:
- Slice the radishes and sprinkle with brown sugar and lemon. Shake to remove excess sugar.
- Add a a pinch of salt and pepper to the cornmeal. Toss radish slices in cornmeal.
- Melt 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and allow to shimmer.
- Fry radishes for 35-45 seconds per side.