This vegan caramel chickpea blondies recipe is one for keeps! They're high protein, sweetened with dates and have a nice fudgy texture all thanks to the tahini.
Tahini Vanilla Blondies [Vegan]
For the Caramel Chickpea Blondies:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tin chickpea , drained (around 250g grams)
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk alternative
- 1 tablespoon oat flour (these are blended oats, or just use regular flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the Tahini Caramel Drizzle:
- 1.5 tablespoons tahini
- .5 tablespoon agave
- 1 tablespoon non dairy milk
For the Blondies:
- Line a 20 x 20cm baking tray with baking paper, preheat oven to 180°C
- Add all the ingredients except the dates and oat flour into a food processor. Blend until smooth and ingredients are well incorporated
- Put 1/4 cup of the chopped dates in a bowl with a splash of water, microwave for 20 seconds on high heat to soften.
- Once soft at the microwaved dates to the mix in the food processor and blend until smooth
- Add the oat flour to the remaining 1/4 cup chopped dates and tumble them with your hands (this stops the dates from sinking to the bottom)
- Gently fold in the dates to the blondie mixture.
- Pour the blondie mixture into the pre-lined baking dish and spread it evenly with a spatula. Bake for 30-35 mins until golden (you may need to cover it with foil half way to stop it browning too much).
For the Drizzle:
- Add the tahini and agave in a small bowl and stir with a spoon. Slowly add the milk and stir until the tahini mix has a thick yet runny texture. Add more tahini/milk if it is too thin/thick, respectively.
- Drizzle over the tahini drizzle with a spoon once the blondies have completely cooled.