The recipe today is an amazing sweet treat and tahini is our special ingredient. You can of course substitute if you don’t like it or find it, but definitely give it a try if you’re into it.
Tahini Cookie Dough Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Ice Cream:
- 4 frozen bananas, peeled
- 1/4-1/3 cup coconut cream or coconut milk, full fat
For the Cookie dough:
- 1/4 cup creamy tahini or other nut/seed butter
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4-1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Mix all cookie dough ingredients by hand except for coconut oil and chips. Once you have a sticky consistency add the oil and mix again. You should now have a cookie dough consistency. Add the chocolate chips and set aside.
- Using a high-speed blender or food processor blend the frozen bananas and coconut milk until you have a very creamy and soft serve consistency.
- Immediately transfer ice cream to a bowl and mix with 3/4 cookie dough mixture until incorporated. Serve on your favorite cup and top with leftover cookie dough. We also added more tahini and cacao nibs to top the ice cream.
- This is such an easy recipe to make and I promise it will totally satisfy any sweet craving you might have during the week while giving you tons of amazing healthy micronutrients and it’s also a good source of carbs and fats.