You would never guess that these blondies are gluten-free. Made from a blend of sweet rice, teff, and oat flours, they're sweet and moist, thanks to tahini and applesauce. Although delicious on their own, these blondies are taken to the next level with a blend of blueberry chia jam sweetened with a delicate touch of maple syrup. Whether you're looking for a crowd-pleasing dessert to bring to a potluck or seeking something to satisfy your craving for something sweet, these will do just the trick.
Tahini Blondies With Blueberry Chia Jam Swirl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
9 to 16, depending on size
Ingredients You Need for Tahini Blondies With Blueberry Chia Jam Swirl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Jam:
- Heaped 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup (or the sweetener of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- A small pinch of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chia seeds
For the Blondies:
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup grade B maple syrup
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup, plus 3 1/4 tablespoons teff flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to Prepare Tahini Blondies With Blueberry Chia Jam Swirl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Chia Jam:
- Put everything but the chia seeds in a small saucepan set over medium heat. When the berries start to release their juices, mash them gently to help them break down. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture starts to thicken and look jammy. Taste and add a bit more sweetener if you like. Remove the jam from the heat, stir in the chia seeds, and set it aside to cool and set.
To Make the Blondies:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Lightly grease an 8×8-inch square pan then line it with a piece of parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides. This will make it easy for removal later on.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the tahini, applesauce, vanilla, and maple syrup. Mix until smooth and all of the ingredients have been incorporated. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining dry ingredients, then slowly begin to incorporate them into the wet ingredients. You should have a smooth and thick dough resembling cookie dough.
- Dump the dough into the prepared pan, then smooth it into an even layer with a spatula or damp fingers. Put dollops of the cooled jam onto the surface of the dough. Then, use a knife or spatula to create swirls through the top of the dough. Bake the blondies for 23-25 minutes or util the top has turned golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the blondies to cool completely before removing them from the pan and slicing them. Makes 9 to 16 blondies, depending on how large you cut them. Keep leftovers covered at room temperature for up to three days.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.