Behold: the sushi burrito! You love sushi and you love burritos, so why not combine them for a tasty two-in-one lunch? Roasted sweet potato, avocado, and shredded red cabbage are rolled up in brown rice seasoned with rice vinegar and a big sheet of nori.
Sweet Potato Sushi Burrito [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 avocado, sliced
- A handful of shredded purple cabbage
- 1-2 tablespoons organic Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3-4 nori sheets
- Soy sauce or tamari mixed with water, for serving
- Cook the brown rice according to the instructions on the package. Preheat the over to 400°F and bake the sweet potato for about 20 minutes. Let the rice and the potato cool before handling.
- When the rice has cooled, add the rice vinegar and mix thoroughly.
- Place a nori sheet on a bamboo mat. Decide on what size you want to make your burrito — you can make 2 large, or 2 medium-sized burritos. Cover the sheet with a layer of rice. Add mustard, to taste, to the middle of the nori.
- Add the sweet potato in thick wedges and some red cabbage and avocado.
- Roll the nori burrito carefully as you would if you were rolling a regular sushi roll. Add a few drops of water on the edge of the nori to make it stick together and close. Repeat with the process to make another burrito. Fold the burritos in wax or parchment paper. Cut the burrito in half and serve with tamari or light soy sauce.