This Sweet Potato Mash with Avocado Dill Sauce is a super quick and easy week night meal to toss together, and leftovers are even better the next day for lunch!
Sweet Potato Mash With Dill Avocado Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 large sweet potato peaeled and cubed (or frozen bag pre-ready) about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped mushroom
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 a ripe avocado
- 1-2 stems of dill (just the leaves not the actual stem
- 1/2 a squeezed lime
- Water (enough for blending depending on desired consistency, add slowly)
- If using a frozen bag of sweet potatoes pour it into a pot with water to steam on low heat stirring frequently, if using a fresh sweet potato peel and chop it into small cubes and steam it in a pot on the stove as well. (if you have a steamer basket that’s ideal if not be sure to stir frequently to prevent sticking to bottom of the pan.
- Chop and add the broccoli to the same pot of potatoes to steam. Steam on low/medium heat until tender and soft. (about 20-30 minutes depending on thickness of potatoes)
- Chop the onion and mushrooms, once potatoes and broccoli are done add the onions and mushroom and mash it all together.
- Add dressing ingredients to small mixer and blend until creamy smooth. Add over top of potato mash and enjoy!