This Buffalo cauliflower is spicy, but it also has a nice, sweet note, so it's not all about the heat — especially when you pair it with the cool, creamy ranch dip. The cauliflower florets are soft, but crispy on the outside, and so tasty you'll want to eat an entire tray by yourself. These would be the perfect appetizer at a barbecue, game day, or any day.
Sweet and Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings [Vegan]
For the Cauliflower Wings:
- 1 head cauliflower
- Aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup vegan hot sauce
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
For the Ranch Dip:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A pinch of parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, and thyme, to taste
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 415°F.
- Cut the head of cauliflower into bite-size pieces, making sure to discard the leafy green parts.
- Make a mini station with one bowl of the aquafaba, then next to it a bowl of the whole wheat flour. Start with 1 cup whole wheat flour and only add more if you end up needing it. Place a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper next to the 2 bowls.
- Place a few pieces of cauliflower in the aquafaba, then move them to the whole wheat flour bowl and coat the cauliflower pieces. Set them on the cookie sheet.
- Continue this process until all the pieces are coated with the aquafaba and whole wheat flour mixture.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes, flipping cauliflower over halfway through.
- While cauliflower is cooking, mix hot sauce, Sriracha, and agave nectar in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Next, mix all the ranch dip ingredients, except the seasonings, in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Then, add ranch seasonings and stir. Set in refrigerator until buffalo cauliflower is ready.
- Once cauliflower has roasted 20 minutes, pull out of oven. Carefully place cauliflower pieces in the bowl of hot sauce mixture you just prepared. Toss until all pieces are completely coated.
- Places saucy cauliflower back on parchment covered cookie sheet. Put back in oven for 5 minutes.
- Turn to broil and cook for about 1 minute, until the pieces start to turn a little crispy on the very top.