Silken tofu has all the attributes to give any dessert that silky texture. If you are a peanut butter lover, you will enjoy this nutty treat. Don’t leave out the sea salt on top, as it really takes this mousse to new heights. Reprinted with permission from Crazy Good Vegan by Lloyd Rose. Page Street Publishing Co. 2022. Photo credit: Sarah Kermalli.
Sweet and Salty Peanut Mousse [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sweet and Salty Peanut Mousse [Vegan]
- 10 oz (300 g) silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons (32 g) peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons (12 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) California raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2tablespoon (8 ml) pure maple syrup
- Pinch of flaky sea salt
How to Prepare Sweet and Salty Peanut Mousse [Vegan]
- Remove the tofu from its packaging and drain the water if there is any. Place the tofu, peanut butter, sugar, kosher salt, vanilla and maple syrup in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the mixture into two small dessert bowls, and garnish with chopped walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, maple syrup and flaky sea salt, as desired.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.