These protein bars are the perfect pre or post-workout treat. They are packed with protein powder, oats, and coconut and then finished with a yummy carob drizzle. Plus, they are super easy to make and you can have them ready in no time.
10-Minute Superfood Protein Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for 10-Minute Superfood Protein Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons mesquite powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Dash of Himalayan salt
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
For the Carob Drizzle:
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw carob powder
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener
How to Prepare 10-Minute Superfood Protein Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Bars:
- Place all dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse them until they're well combined.
- Remove dry mixture from the food processor and place it in a large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix them well. The batter should be sticky.
- Press the batter into a 9x9-inch square pan lined with parchment paper and press it firmly with the back of a spoon until it's even.
- Place it in the freezer to set for 2 hours.
- Remove it from the freezer and cut it into bars or squares.
- Drizzle on carob sauce, place it back in the freezer for 1/2 hour.
To Make the Carob Drizzle:
- Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler.
- Add the carob powder and whisk it well.
- Add the liquid sweetener and whisk it well until everything is combined.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.