These protein bars are the perfect pre or post-workout treat. They are packed with protein powder, oats, and coconut and then finished with a yummy carob drizzle. Plus, they are super easy to make and you can have them ready in no time.
10-Minute Superfood Protein Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons mesquite powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Dash of Himalayan salt
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
For the Carob Drizzle:
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw carob powder
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener
To Make the Bars:
- Place all dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse them until they're well combined.
- Remove dry mixture from the food processor and place it in a large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix them well. The batter should be sticky.
- Press the batter into a 9x9-inch square pan lined with parchment paper and press it firmly with the back of a spoon until it's even.
- Place it in the freezer to set for 2 hours.
- Remove it from the freezer and cut it into bars or squares.
- Drizzle on carob sauce, place it back in the freezer for 1/2 hour.
To Make the Carob Drizzle:
- Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler.
- Add the carob powder and whisk it well.
- Add the liquid sweetener and whisk it well until everything is combined.