These chocolatey treats are packed with nutrition and made with whole foods like cocoa liquor, which is made from cold-pressed cacao beans. The use of various superfood powders like maca and baobab makes these chocolates a surprising powerhouse of antioxidants and minerals.
Superfood Chocolate [Vegan, Raw, Sugar-Free]
- 3.5-ounces cocoa liquor
- 0.9-ounces coconut puree
- 3 1/2 tablespoons ground xylitol (or more)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
- 1 tablespoon carob powder
- 1 teaspoon. baobab powder
- 1 tablespoon yakon powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- First, chop up cocoa liquor and measure coconut puree and place them into a heatproof bowl. Next, bring water to simmer in your saucepan. Then, turn off the heat. Now, set the heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the bottom of the saucepan. Stir cocoa liquor and coconut puree as it softens. Make sure not to let even a drop of water to come in contact with your cocoa mass. You can also use a double boiler or a water bath melt dish, if you have one.
- Next, take a small whisk and start sifting and mixing in all the dry ingredients one-by-one.
- Lastly, add ground xylitol and taste. If you think it needs more sweetness, add xylitol or some liquid stevia or even coconut nectar or coconut sugar.
- To finish, transfer the chocolate mass into silicone or paper moulds and place it into fridge or freezer until set.