Who doesn’t love a rich and creamy chocolate mousse served over a bed of sweet vanilla chia pudding and tangy raspberry puree? The bottom layer is a simple vanilla chia pudding made with chia seeds, your favorite non-dairy milk, vanilla, and a bit of natural sweetener of choice like pure maple syrup. The raspberry layer is just raspberries cooked gently over low heat with a dash of water and pure maple syrup, for a beautiful color and delicious fruity tang. The mousse is rich, decadent, and super nutritious at the same time!
Superfood Chocolate Mousse and Raspberry Parfait [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Chia Pudding:
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or raw honey
To Make the Raspberry Purée:
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) pure maple syrup
To Make the Superfood Chocolate Mousse:
- 2 avocados
- 1 scoop chocolate protein or superfood powder
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Mix all chia pudding ingredients in a large bowl. Let the pudding sit for at least 10 minutes, stirring in between until it thickens. Make sure to break up any clumps to get a uniform consistency. You can prepare the pudding night before and let it chill in the fridge to thicken even more.
- Add raspberries to a small pot with water over low heat and stir until soft and warm for 5-10 minutes. Mix in the maple syrup and set aside to cool.
- Smash the avocado with a fork and add the rest of mousse ingredients. Alternatively, you can blend everything using a regular or hand-held blender. Mix until smooth. Store in the fridge if not serving immediately.
- Divide chia pudding into two portions and serve topped with the raspberry purée, chocolate mousse, and desired toppings (fresh raspberries, pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, etc.). Chill for best results and enjoy!