These superfood butter bean burgers are exactly how they sound — full of superfoods and full of butter beans! These dense, meaty burgers are packed with chia seeds, quinoa flakes, whole grains, and, of course, beans! Enjoy them with a side of salsa and sweet potato fries. Whether or not you serve it on a bun is entirely up to you.
Superfood Butter Bean Burgers [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- 1 15-ounce cooked butter beans
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons quinoa flakes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil for frying
- Fresh chopped coriander and salsa, for topping (optional)
- Add the butter beans to a large bowl and mash them to break up the beans (it doesn't need to be completely smooth).
- Add the other burger ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Separate the burger mixture into six portions and form into burger patties.
- Set to one side for around ten minutes to allow the quinoa flakes to absorb moisture.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat then add the coconut oil. Once melted, carefully place the burgers into the frying pan and cook for around eight minutes, turning occasionally, until they are golden on both sides and have fully heated through.
- Serve with a dollop of salsa and sprinkle over freshly chopped coriander.