This banana bread comes without refined sugar, thanks to the sweetness of nature: dates and bananas. The result is juicy, fluffy and irresistible.
Sugar-Free Banana Bread [Vegan]
- 5 1/3 ounces oatmeal
- 3 1/2 ounces wheat flour
- 1/3 ounce baking powder
- 5 1/3 ounces pitted Dates (or date paste)
- 8 3/4 ounces water
- 1 banana
- 2 3/4 ounces sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 banana
- Date syrup
- cocoa powder
- Mix oatmeal, wheat flour and baking powder.
- Puree the dates and banana with water in a blender until creamy. Stir the resulting date cream into the flour and baking powder mixture. Pour in sunflower oil. Mix with the whisk to a dough.
- Pour 2/3 of the dough into the prepared tin. Mix the rest of the dough with cocoa powder and spread it over the light dough. Marble the mixture lightly with a fork.
- Chop the banana and dates finely and spread them on the dough surface.
- Now bake the cake at 350°F for about 40 minutes. The cake does not have to be completely dry this time when testing the toothpicks - a few crumbs of dough may stick. This makes it juicier after cooling.
- Stir the date syrup with a little cocoa powder and pour over the cooled banana bread.