Flaky biscuits topped with the fluffiest whipped frosting and fresh strawberries. Quick and easy to make, as well as being oh-so-delicious.
Strawberry Shortcake [Vegan]
For the Biscuits:
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or stevia
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (cold)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice
For the Whipped Coconut Cream:
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 heaping tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Start by preheating the oven to 425°F and lining a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt, and mix to combine. Now, using a fork or a pastry cutter, cut in the cold vegan butter until a crumbly mixture forms. Stir in the non-dairy milk little by little until the mixture becomes a dough.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1 inch thick and cut into your desired shapes.
- Place your biscuits onto the cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown, and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the topping, whip the coconut cream until it thickens and becomes frothy (around 3-5 minutes). Add in the vanilla, vegan butter, and icing sugar and stir until just combined, then continue to whip for an additional 3-5 minutes until mixture fluffs up and becomes airy.
- Top your cooled biscuits with your coconut cream and sliced fresh strawberries, and enjoy!