Strawberries and peaches are bound to entice your taste buds as you bite into your very own homemade fruit roll-up! I’ve tried varieties in the past but I must say the strawberry peach flavor is a new favorite. I love how easy it is to make fruit roll-ups or fruit leathers. Puree your favorite fruit in a blender or food processor and create a fruit roll-up. They are a great way to use slightly overripe fruit when you aren’t sure how to use it or if you are in need of a healthy snack.
Strawberry Peach Fruit Roll Ups [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 peaches
- Agave to taste
- Opt: Pinch of Beet Powder
- Pre-line dehydrator sheet with good quality plastic wrap or parchment paper. Place the above ingredients in your food processor or blender, process until smooth.
- Pour onto the dehydrator sheet, spreading it out so the edges are thicker than the center. Feel free to garnish with any toppings. Dehydrate as per your dehydrator's instructions. I did mine at 105 degrees to keep them living/raw until the center was no longer wet and they were tacky.
- Once done, prep space with a sheet of parchment or wax paper. Carefully flip the fruit roll-ups on a sheet, the dried leather should lift at the edges, carefully peel away the plastic wrap or parchment paper. If any undesired edges exist, cut them away with a pizza cutter, use the edges as a treat for wondering eyes or yourself.
- Cut into desired strips, I used a ruler to measure and kitchen scissors. Roll them up, tie them or use a rubber band. Store in a mason jar or air-proof container out of direct heat and sunlight, if they last that is.
- A variety of flavor combinations can be used for making your own fruit roll-ups/leathers. Feel free to use the fruit combination you desire. - Opt to garnish the fruit leathers with a variety of toppings or even fill once done with delicious treats. Note: once filled consume immediately. - If the leather becomes brittle, you can chop it in your blender or food processor for chips or reconstitute by soaking 1 cup of chips in 1/2 cup boiling water for 10-15 minutes. - Smooth in a blender or food processor and use it as a topping or pie filling!