These healthy Strawberry Jam Oat Bars with a Crumb Topping made with all vegan and gluten-free ingredients for a delicious fruit dessert! The texture of these is perfect, chewy but soft in the centre. They have an oaty base, a strawberry jam centre and a crumb topping. So delicious.
Strawberry Jam Oat Bars [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup creamy cashew butter (any nut butter will work)
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup softened coconut oil (not in liquid form!)
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup organic rolled oats (GF if necessary)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- generous 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix together the cashew butter, maple syrup and coconut oil in a large bowl.
- Add in the remaining crumb layer ingredients and mix well until you form the dough.
- Spread 2/3 of the bar dough into the baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes and set aside the remaining crumb mixture for later.
- Evenly spread the jam onto the crumb layer, sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Allow the bars to cool and place in fridge for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Store in fridge.