This delicious and sweet stewed plum compote will spice up your desserts, breakfasts, or whatever else you want to add it to.
Stewed Plum Compote [Vegan]
- 17 1/2 ounces plums, pitted
- 1 3/4 ounces birch sugar (also known as xylitol) you can use also other sweetener
- 2 3/4 ounces water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Place the sugar, water and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over a medium heat.
- Stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and you have a syrup.
- Add the plums and poach in the syrup for 15 minutes until soft and breaking apart, discard the cinnamon stick.
- Serve hot or cold!