This delicious and sweet stewed plum compote will spice up your desserts, breakfasts, or whatever else you want to add it to.
Stewed Plum Compote [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Stewed Plum Compote [Vegan]
- 17 1/2 ounces plums, pitted
- 1 3/4 ounces birch sugar (also known as xylitol) you can use also other sweetener
- 2 3/4 ounces water
- 1 cinnamon stick
How to Prepare Stewed Plum Compote [Vegan]
- Place the sugar, water and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over a medium heat.
- Stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and you have a syrup.
- Add the plums and poach in the syrup for 15 minutes until soft and breaking apart, discard the cinnamon stick.
- Serve hot or cold!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.