This super easy and healthy dish pairs pulled jackfruit with a spicy Sriracha and garlic sauce topped with cooling herbs for a delicious flavor combination. If you have never used jackfruit before, this pulled jackfruit recipe is a good place to start!
Sriracha and Garlic Pulled Jackfruit with Mint and Cilantro [Vegan]
- 1 10 ounce can of young green jackfruit in brine, drained, rinsed and shredded into bite-sized pieces
- 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil (or use a non-stick pan if you are oil-fee)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 sliced green onions
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Lightly steamed cabbage leaves (optional)
- Pat dry the drained, rinsed, shredded jackfruit.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan. When hot, add the jackfruit. Sear on both sides for 2-3 minutes to make the jackfruit a little golden brown.
- Add the soy sauce, water, garlic and Sriracha to the pan. Cook for another minute or two.
- Toss with the mint and cilantro. Serve over some steamed cabbage leaves and top with sliced green onions and a squeeze of lime.