With spiralizing, it takes just a couple tries to get the hang of it. What should you do with the handles? How do you place the veggie on the actual machine? Which way? How fast should you turn the handle? The first couple times I spiralized, my results were plenty of cute, bouncy noodles, but there were also a bunch of half-moon-shaped zucchini slices. Womp, womp. Still, to this day, there are always those stragglers… the half-moons. The little slices of vegetable that look like clipped fingernails. So, what do you do with them? Throw them away? No way! Today, I’m sharing with you my favorite dish to make with those wretched half-moons. Whenever I spiralize, I always stick these half moon shaped slices in a plastic bag and stick them in the fridge. Later on, I make salads and slaws with them to snack on during the following day! So how do you make half moon slices on purpose? Easy! Just slice half way through your vegetable or fruit and put it through the spiralizer, as you normally would. Simple as that!
Spiralized Veggies, Zucchini and Kale Apple Slaw [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spiralized Veggies, Zucchini and Kale Apple Slaw [Vegan]
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1/2 cup half-moon apple slices (any apple preference)
- 1/2 cup half-moon zucchini slices
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds For the Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Spiralized Veggies, Zucchini and Kale Apple Slaw [Vegan]
- Toss all of the ingredients in the slaw together in a bowl and set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a bowl and whisk together. Pour over the bowl of slaw and toss to combine.
- Divide the slaw onto two plates and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.