This Texas stew has Spanish and German roots in it, to make it more unique. A pot of goodness, with beans, tomatoes, corn, pepper, and potatoes makes this stew comforting and filling.
Spicy Texas Stew [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
- 7 ounces passed tomatoes
- 3.5 ounces tomato paste
- 2 glasses of kidney beans à 8 ounces
- 1 glass of corn (sieve the liquid)
- 1 red pepper washed, gutted and cut into small pieces
- 5 medium-sized potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
- 34 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Chili powder or cayenne pepper, to taste
- A few small chopped herbs for garnish (parsley, dandelion or whatever else you like)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions in a glass.
- After about 1-2 minutes add the garlic .Now add the tomato and broth, add the potatoes and bring to the boil.
- Simmer the stew for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are still slightly bite- firm .
- Put beans, corn and pepper in the pot and simmer for about 5 minutes. Season with spices and a little salt, if necessary, arrange the stew with the chopped herbs and serve.