Potato balls in spicy curry sauce are hearty, spicy and aromatic. If you like the Indian cuisine, you will love this dish! The potato balls mainly consist of boiled potatoes and yellow lentils (red also work naturally). The easy-to-prepare red curry sauce gives the dish a very nice sharpness.
Spicy Curried Potato Dumplings [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Potato Balls:
- 1 cup cooked potatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red or yellow lentils
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Dash of pepper
- Dash of salt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- A few tablespoons flour (optional)
- Gluten-free breadcrumbs and oil for frying
To Make the Curry sauce:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 small piece of ginger, cut into pieces
- 1 can tomatoes, whole
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Dash of salt
- Allow the freshly cooked potatoes to cool briefly and peel. Then place in a bowl and crush with a fork.
- Place lentils with the water in a small saucepan and cook. Add a little more water if necessary. Remove from the heat and allow the lentils to cool for about half an hour.
- Add the boiled lentils to the potatoes. Mix in butter, turmeric, paprika, oil, pepper, salt and parsley. If the mass is too soft or difficult to form, add some gluten-free flour. Mix well with a spoon.
- Pack the mixture into small pieces (about 8 pieces), roll in breadcrumbs, and fry until golden brown in a pan with sufficient time on all sides. Pour potato balls on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, start the curry sauce. Heat the oil in a pan, add onions, and fry for a short time.
- Then add the curry paste and the ginger and also fry briefly.
- Add the tomatoes from the can, crush them a little with the cooking spoon and continue frying for a few minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and surge with a hand blender. Then place in the mixer back into the pan.
- Add the coconut milk to the pan and stir. Season with salt or other preferred spices.
- Add potato balls and cover with sauce. Allow to simmer for about 8 minutes at low temperature.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes until the sauce becomes thicker.
- Pour the potato balls in a curry sauce with fresh parsley and serve over freshly cooked rice.
- Veggie Meatballs
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving Before Optional Rice: Calories: 728 | Carbs: 79 g | Fat: 38 g | Protein: 19 g | Sodium: 217 mg | Sugar: 5 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile