Delicious and easy Hasselback-style baked apples that you can pair with whatever you like, enjoy with plant-based yogurt topped with granola, oatmeal or with vegan ice cream as a dessert! Use this seasonal fruit to brighten up your holiday table.
Spiced Baked Hasselback Apples [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 – 3 large apples (like Gala, Honeycrisp or Braeburn)
- Preheat oven to 400°. and lightly grease a skillet or baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt; stir together and set aside.
- Wash and peel apples, cut each in half from the stem and remove core.
- Cut apple in slices (flat-side down), leaving the bottom intact.
- Transfer apples to prepared skillet or baking dish and brush generously with maple syrup and butter mixture, over the top, between slices and underneath.
- Cover skillet or baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 – 35 minutes, until apples are tender.
- Let apples cool for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.