In this dish, green lentils and chopped pecans work their magic to become this chunky, meaty sauce that you're going to love. You have to try it to believe it! This dish is serious comfort food that requires little effort but tastes amazing.
Spaghetti With a Chunky Lentil-Pecan ‘Meat’ Sauce [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup green lentils, picked, rinsed, and cooked according to package instructions
- 3 tablespoons pecan pieces, chopped fine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 package of gluten-free whole grain spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- After the lentils are cooked, drain and add them to a food processor. Add pecan pieces, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper, to taste. Pulse until the mixture resembles ground beef.
- Add olive oil to a medium skillet over medium head. Add your lentil-pecan mixture, and sauté until warm and slightly browned. This step just gives the mixture a more meaty texture.
- Add the tomato sauce to the skillet, turn the stove down to low, and mix until combined. Cook until the "meat" sauce is hot.
- Serve over hot spaghetti. Top with nutritional yeast and fresh-cracked pepper.