A perfectly soft, chewy cookie with just enough crunch. Try dunking 'em in some dairy-free milk. Or just gobble 'em up by themselves. But, be careful, they make your mouth ooey-gooey if you eat too many...like any good peanut butter cookie should!
Soft, Chewy, Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies [Vegan]
16 - 20 cookies
- 1 chia or flax egg
- (1 tablespoon ground chia or flax powder + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup chunky (or creamy, your choice!) peanut butter
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon potato starch (optional, for moistness)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First, make your 'egg' by combining 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds (or flax) and 3 tablespoons water. Let it sit for about 10 minutes to gelatinize; in the meantime, prepare the rest of the dough. In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed banana, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla. Mix well using a fork or whisk.When chia egg is ready, add that and the milk to the bowl. Mix to combine. Finally, throw in the salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour and potato starch.
- Mix very well using a fork, a strong wooden spoon, or your hands. Just make sure there are no clumps of dry ingredients anywhere in there and that everything is well mixed.
- Spoon balls of cookie dough onto a non-stick baking sheet. Slightly flatten with the back of a spoon. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until edges firm up and slightly brown.
To make traditional fork lines in the cookies, take them out halfway through baking, and press a fork twice, in opposite directions, into the cookie. Place the baking sheet immediately back into the oven to finish cooking.
- Peanut Butter