This dish is high in nutrients and flavor!
Soba Sesame Shrooms and Gomasio [Vegan]
- 1/2 pound soba noodles
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped into 1-2 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (you can use any low-sodium soy sauce but the coconut aminos add a nice sweetness to the dish)
- gomasio to garnish
- Cook the soba noodles. Be sure to follow the instructions! Watch them closely. They overcook easily.
- When the noodles are cooked, rinse in cool water and set aside.
- Saute the mushrooms and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until the shrooms are cooked. Add a little water if needed. I prefer to add water than more oil!
- Add the onion and soy sauce and mix to combine.
- Add the cooked soba noodles and the sesame oil and toss. Cook on low until the noodles are warm again. Add a little water if needed as the noodles may be starting to get sticky at this point.
- Top with gomasio.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile