If you love easy whole foods meals, then this one-pan dish is the recipe for you. Cubed potatoes are fried with savory onion and served on a protein-packed bed of quinoa and chickpeas. Roasted apple slices bring a subtle sweetness to the dish and you can use whatever fresh herbs you like to adjust the flavor of the dish to your liking. This dish takes just 20 minutes to make and if you like to make your meals in bulk, you can eat it all throughout the week.
Skillet Potatoes With Chickpeas and Roasted Apples [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 onion, diced or sliced
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Herbs of your choice, for garnish
- Cook the quinoa according to manufacturer's instructions.
- In the meantime, peel and dice the potatoes and onion.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add onions. Cook them over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Then add the potato dices, season with salt and pepper, and cook until they are crispy.
- Finally, briefly roast the apple slices.
- Serve the potatoes on the quinoa and chickpeas and top with apples and herbs. Add sauce of your choice.