Want to try adding some of the nutrient powerhouse spirulina into your life, but you're not quite sure what to do with it outside of blending it in a smoothie? Well then, these little babies are for you. They are quick and easy to make and you really can make them any way that you like – they are versatile tiny treats!
Six Ingredient Spirulina Snackies [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup of hazelnuts (any nut/seed will work)
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 2 dates (I would have used more, that’s all I had on hand!)
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp of spirulina powder (use less if you are not used to the taste as it is a bit of an acquired taste)
- Throw the nuts and oats in your food processor and process until everything looks well broken down. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until a sticky dough forms. Scoop out the mixture by the teaspoon-full and roll into cute, little balls. Refrigerate until ready to snack.