This Simple Summer Caprese Salad is so easy to put together and a beautiful dish for sharing. Indulge on summer’s bounty of tomatoes and basil with this classic dish, made vegan! A quick, healthy snack easily sliced together. Whether you’re looking to break the pool party with a snack, serve guests the perfect appetizer, or just enjoy with cold iced tea and conversation this dish delivers.
Simple Summer Caprese Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Simple Summer Caprese Salad [Vegan]
- 1-2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 package of vegan mozzarella cheese
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt & black pepper to taste
How to Prepare Simple Summer Caprese Salad [Vegan]
- Slice the tomatoes by cutting the top off and then slicing horizontally. Slice as thin or thick as you prefer! Halve the tomato slices into bite-sized portions. Place each slice onto a plate and sprinkle with sea salt to enhance the flavor.
- Take the vegan mozzarella wheel out of the package and make a horizontal slice so that the depth of each bite is thinner. The cheese can then be cut into bite-sized slices or cut with a cookie cutter for a beautiful display. Place each slice on top of the tomatoes.
- Finally, chop the fresh basil and sprinkle over top with some black pepper and you're done. Optionally, you can drizzle some balsamic vinegar or a drizzle of good olive oil. This appetizer also goes great on top of baby arugula to give it more of a salad vibe.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.