This Simple Summer Caprese Salad is so easy to put together and a beautiful dish for sharing. Indulge on summer’s bounty of tomatoes and basil with this classic dish, made vegan! A quick, healthy snack easily sliced together. Whether you’re looking to break the pool party with a snack, serve guests the perfect appetizer, or just enjoy with cold iced tea and conversation this dish delivers.
Simple Summer Caprese Salad [Vegan]
- 1-2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 package of vegan mozzarella cheese
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Slice the tomatoes by cutting the top off and then slicing horizontally. Slice as thin or thick as you prefer! Halve the tomato slices into bite-sized portions. Place each slice onto a plate and sprinkle with sea salt to enhance the flavor.
- Take the vegan mozzarella wheel out of the package and make a horizontal slice so that the depth of each bite is thinner. The cheese can then be cut into bite-sized slices or cut with a cookie cutter for a beautiful display. Place each slice on top of the tomatoes.
- Finally, chop the fresh basil and sprinkle over top with some black pepper and you're done. Optionally, you can drizzle some balsamic vinegar or a drizzle of good olive oil. This appetizer also goes great on top of baby arugula to give it more of a salad vibe.